Healthy Grocery Shopping For Healthy Eating
Healthy eating is about making sensible foods choices and taking small steps in improving the way you eat. A good way to lose weight is to eat out less. You never know what goes into the food you get when you eat out. They could be cooking your food with lard, for all you know. It’s best to eat out less and focus on cooking for yourself.
The first step to healthy eating is to plan your meals wisely, buy your own foods … and cook the foods at home. Hence, grocery shopping is a must. So visit your local grocer and think of FRESH foods only. To assist you with your healthy grocery shopping, the tips below should make it easier and simpler:
1. Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach.
2. Select canned fruits and tuna that are packed in water, not oil or syrup.
3. Look at the labels for the words “hydrogenated” or “partially hydrogenated”. The earlier you see them appear on the list, the higher the amount of unhealthy trans fatty acids the food will contain.
4. Don’t buy turkey with the skin on it, and if you plan to buy chicken – buy a chicken breast meal.
5. When you select frozen dinners, select those that are not only low in fat, but low in sodium and cholesterol as well.
6. If you aren’t consuming enough dairy products, go with calcium fortified orange juice instead. Better yet, stick to water or DIY fruit infusion water
7. Go for whole grain breads, cereals, and rolls.
8. Give cantaloupe a try. With just 95 calories, half of the melon will provide more than a day’s supply of Vitamin C and beta carotene.
9. Don’t be tricked into buying yogurt covered by nuts or raisins, as the coating is normally made of sugar and partially hydrogenated oils.
10. Get some of the low fat treats, such as Greek yogurt, fruits, pretzels, ginger snaps, and angel food cake. If you are afraid that your legendary sweet tooth will get the best of you and your healthy eating plan, allow yourself to indulge in a small serving of dark chocolate.
In addition to being highly delicious, dark chocolate is also filled with healthy things like antioxidants and flavonoids. Plus, dark chocolate is especially rich and many people find that even it is immensely satisfying, even in small amounts.
11. Load up your trolley with plenty of fresh vegetables, preferably organic
By following the above healthy eating tips when grocery shopping, you’ll avoid the bad foods, improve your diet, lose belly fat and get the much need nutrition. There are many different healthy foods at the grocery store, all it takes is the will power to go past the bad foods and on to the good ones.
Before we wrap up – Don’t eliminate fat altogether when you are trying to lose weight. Dietary fat is needed to help keep a healthy body. Healthy fats help build body tissues and cells. Vitamins and other nutrients are absorbed with the help of fat. You should eliminate the unhealthy fats, but keep the healthy fats to help with your body functions.
Lastly, remember to always chew your meals slowly to ensure you don’t overeat at mealtimes. This promotes weight loss by taking advantage of the natural timing of the digestive process. It takes several minutes for your brain to catch up to your stomach, making it easy to unintentionally eat past the point of fullness.